The Informer
Grandson receives 13 years jail for KILLING HIS GRANDMOTHER

Grandson receives 13 years jail for…

High court judge Shiraz A...

Morne Jaloux Resident Demands Compensation

Morne Jaloux Resident Demands Compe…

A Morne Jaloux resident i...

Victoria Fish Market Upgraded

Victoria Fish Market Upgraded

The Victoria Fish Market ...

Grenada tops Batting, Bowling and Wicket Keeping in 2017 Winlott U15 tournament

Grenada tops Batting, Bowling and W…

Despite finishing second ...

Peter David In Position To Contest Town of St George

Peter David In Position To Contest …

Senator, Peter David has ...



Kindra Mathurine-Stewart ...

Making a Difference Initiative Launched with a Donation in Grenada

Making a Difference Initiative Laun…

The health of children an...

GCA/Republic Bank Rightstart  Inter-Parish Tournament Launched

GCA/Republic Bank Rightstart Inter…

The Grenada Cricket Assoc...

Prev Next

Solid Waste Worker Charged With Manslaughter on $20,000 Bail

  • Written by  Davis Joseph
Solid Waste Worker Charged With Manslaughter on $20,000 Bail

Police has finally made a breakthrough in the matter surrounding the death of Pearls resident Lawson John alias Johnny and a Telescope St. Andrew man has been arrested and charged with his death and is now booked to answer manslaughter charges. 

Kingsley Noel of Telescope St. Andrew a solid waste worker, was arrested on Saturday and made his first court appearance at the Grenville Magistrate Court on Monday and was charged with manslaughter. 

The charge read to him state; that on Saturday 11th July on Chapel Road in Grenville, he committed manslaughter by causing the death of Lawson John by unlawful harm; he was not required to plead as the matter is an indictable one. 

Representing the accused, attorney at law Peter David requested bail for his client and also requested disclosure.

 David also told the court that his client does not have any conviction as this is his first appearance before a court.

The prosecutor did not object to bail and therefore bail was granted to the accused in the amount of twenty thousand dollars with two sureties.

 He is also to report to the Grenville Police Station once a week between 8am – 4pm and would return to court at a later date.

 The accused was detained following the death of the deceased but was later released pending investigations into the matter. 

 According to a police officer the reason why the accused stayed over two months after being detained before being arrested and charged for an offense of that nature, is because the police had to wait on a report from the Director of Public Prosecution’s (DPP) office, before the charges could have been laid.

One of the sisters of the deceased who stood up from the time of the death of her brother, spoke to Informer sometime ago and she  emphasized  that the person responsible for her brother’s death will be charged and  must be brought to justice.

Lawson sustained a number of injuries after allegedly receiving a severe beating; he was rushed to the Princess Alice Hospital and later to the General Hospital where he eventually died.


Login to post comments
back to top


Local News

About Us

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow Us