Menu
RSS
The Informer
Multi-million dollar drug bust

Multi-million dollar drug bust

Two Grenadian nationals a...

2 suspicious deaths in two days

2 suspicious deaths in two days

Two questionable deaths i...

Fire Leaves Family of Seven Homeless

Fire Leaves Family of Seven Homeles…

A young mother of four ca...

Grenada Government’s Reaction to GPP/WRB’s move for Arbitration

Grenada Government’s Reaction to GP…

It is with great concern ...

Don’t Consider Me Disabled, I Need Work - Says La Touche

Don’t Consider Me Disabled, I Need …

Physically challenged Kim...

Foodland Rewards Fifteen Lucky Mothers

Foodland Rewards Fifteen Lucky Moth…

With over four thousand e...

NDC Calls For An Apology; Health Minister Says None Forthcoming

NDC Calls For An Apology; Health Mi…

Minister for Health Nicko...

Prev Next

La Mode Resident Slapped with CONSPIRACY CHARGES Featured

  • Written by  The Grenada Informer
La Mode Resident  Slapped with CONSPIRACY CHARGES

A forty year-old man from the village of La Mode in St George’s, slapped with two drug related charges linking him to a three hundred thousand dollar drug bust at sea earlier this month has been granted bail. 

Seventy-five thousand dollars, two sureties, bail was posted for accused man Michael James by Chief Magistrate Tamara Gill at the St George’s Number One Magistrate Court on Monday after he appeared in court for the second time on charges of conspiracy to import and conspiracy to traffic a controlled drug. 

James was one of three men sought by police in connection with a 134lb drug burst out at sea in the Perseverance area earlier this month. His fellow accused Jahniel Charles and Aldon Samuel, both from the village of Woburn were both captured on board a small wooden boat during the operation and had already made their appearance before the court, on charges of importing and trafficking a controlled drug.  James according to reports had been on the run before the lawmen caught up with him last week. 

 In his first appearance at the court last Friday, like his co-accused, an application for bail was turned down, prosecution at the time argued among other things that James has previous records of similar offenses, however bail was granted on Monday to all three men in the sum of $75,000.00 each with two sureties.

 Among the conditions attached to the granting of bail, the men were required to surrender all their travel documents and report to the police station every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6am and 6pm.

All three men are due back in court on June 26th 2017.      

Login to post comments
back to top

Sections

Local News

About Us

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow Us