Menu
RSS
The Informer
Bail Denied For  Twenty-Two Year Old Murder Accused

Bail Denied For Twenty-Two Year Ol…

Twenty-two-year-old Dilei...

One Villager Injured in Mount Toute Shooting

One Villager Injured in Mount Toute…

With four criminal charge...

Fire Destroys House In Telescope

Fire Destroys House In Telescope

Police are investigating ...

Changing the Game - In the Limes

Changing the Game - In the Limes

It was an exciting aftern...

New Port On Schedule in Carriacou

New Port On Schedule in Carriacou

The Tyrell Bay port is on...

4 Grenadian U15 cricketers off to Windward Islands duties

4 Grenadian U15 cricketers off to W…

Four Grenadian cricketers...

GMC Test & Tune Event Honours Nigel Cadoo

GMC Test & Tune Event Honours N…

On Sunday 16th July 2017,...

Vin Blaine takes up duties as GFA’s New Technical Director

Vin Blaine takes up duties as GFA’s…

Jamaican Born Vinimore Bl...

Prev Next

Police Says No Suspect In Motorcycle Deaths

  • Written by  The Grenada Informer
Police Says No Suspect In Motorcycle Deaths

Head of the Community Relations Department of the Royal Grenada Police Force Superintendent Sylvan McIntyre described as irresponsible rumours, word making the rounds that someone is being questioned in connection with the motorcycle death of to Birchgrove men.

Earlier this week,word appeared on social media that a woman had admitted to having hit the motorcycle from behind causing the crash that killed both men. The story said the police detained the lady in question and she was assisting them in their investigations.

Superintendent McIntyre denied this story in its entirety saying there was “no information, no credibility in the story of anyone in custody assisting in the investigation relative in the death of the two young men that unfortunately lost their lives on the Constantine main road”. He added that it is very irresponsible and reckless for anyone to propagate such a story in such a manner. 

The police superintendent went on to say that it is unfair to the bereaved of those who lost their lives for stories to be peddled around in such a manner. 

He said, in addition, it could be prejudicial and biased to the investigation in process. 

McIntyre said the reality is that officers have been to the scene of the incident and have thoroughly investigated it. He stated that they are leaving no stone unturned but no person has been implicated as having something to do or may have been in the vicinity when the accident occurred.

According to him information had previously been received indicating that a woman may have been at the scene but to date, there is no evidence that could cause a charge to be preferred. He said a female had been interviewed and released and there is nothing with which the police could charge anyone. 

The senior policeman said, however, if anyone has any information that could lead to someone being held responsible for the accident they should come forward because the bereaved families need to have some form of closure. 

Login to post comments
back to top

Sections

Local News

About Us

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow Us